Nordfjord, wondrous Nordfjord! There are few places in the world where you will find such spellbinding, contrasting scenery, which at the same time is a playground for numerous exciting activities, such as skiing on the glacier and surfing out on the coast with its glistening sandy beaches. Stryn is located by the Jostedal Glacier, and here you can visit Stryn Summer Ski Centre, Briksdal Glacier, Kjenndal Glacier, and perhaps climb Mt. Skåla or Mt. Lodalskåpa. There are also many marked walking trails and guided hiking tours for all ages and levels of fitness.
Bergtatt Stryn, is a guide firm offering diverse activities in summer and winter for individuals, groups and companies. (See web page for the winter programme)
Bergtatt Stryn summer activities: Mountain and glacier guided tours, ice face climbing, kayak paddling, terrain cycling on trails/downhill, via ferrata, rappelling and wilderness camps. These activities are as far away as you can get from mass tourism. Group sizes are maximum 8 persons per guide. This ensures each participant receives maximum personal attention combined with a high level of safety.
Don’t hesitate to enquire at Stryn Camping’s reception desk if you are looking for a tour suitable for families or larger groups, or contact Thomas and Henning direct on one of these links www.bergtattstryn.no or www.powderguide.no for more information.
Stryn is also the ideal starting point for excursions to Geiranger, Ålesund, Selje Cloister, Stadlandet with surfing opportunities.
Stryn township has a wide range of services and amenities in the form of local commerce, restaurants/cafes and sporting activities. The commercial milieu is well established and is renowned for quality and good service.
Stryn has also gained a name for itself beyond Norway’s borders as a ‘fashion metropolis’. This is where firms such as Moods of Norway, Skogstad Sport, Ricco Vero, Aloha Hemp and Farmhouse have their origin.
Here are some of the activities Stryn has to offer:
• Stryn stadium with a 700-square meter skating park and BMX track for cross-cycles.
• Sports hall with climbing wall and rumble hole.
• Stryn public swimming pool hall with aquatic slide and diving tower
• Flo Aktiv: Activities week for children end of June each year. Soccer/handball/drama/ mountain hikes/skiing. www.floaktiv.no
• Mt. Skåla 1882 m.a.s. A truly rewarding mountain hike. Athletes from across the globe participate in August in the annual Mountain Uphill Run to reach the top of Mt. Skåla. www.skaala.no
• Strynefjellet Summer Ski Centre: Daily ski bus to/from the ski centre. www.strynefjellet.com
• Briksdal Glacier in Olden. www.briksdalsbre.no
• Kjenndal Glacier in Loen. www.kjenndalen.no
• Extreme sports: www.bergtattstryn.no and www.powderguide.no
• Salmon fishing in Stryn river – fishing licenses can be reserved at G-sport and Sport1
• 9-hole golf course at Sætre, close to Stryn township
WINTER AND EASTER HOLIDAY IN STRYN.
Just 2 km. from the township is an alpine centre www.strynskisenter.no with several ski slopes catering for new beginners up to active skiers. The ski tow takes you from 325 m.a.s. to 1000 m.a.s. Spectacular panoramic view over Nordfjord from the top of Steindal lift.
Here is also the gateway to the cross-country skiing network at Ullsheim- the arena for the Norwegian Championships in 1996 and 2008, and Junior World Championships in Nordic events in 2004. First-rate tour terrain with 40 km of prepared trails and competition runs. Floodlit ski trails in the evenings.